Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Book Review: Feast of Fools

Title: Feast of Fools
Series: Morganville Vampires (Book 4)
Author: Rachel Caine
Published: 2008

Summary: In Rachel Caine's fourth Morganville Vampires novel, the arrival of Bishop, an old-school vampire, to Claire Danvers's college town threatens the relative harmony that exists between the living and the dead.

My Thoughts: For being a genius, Claire Danvers is sometimes really stupid. After all hints she got, you think she would have figured out earlier that going to Bishop's welcome party wasn't a good idea...


Feast of Fools starts up just where Midnight Alley left off. That's one thing I love about the Morganville series, there's action right away! For this to work, each book has to end with a cliffhanger - which Feast of Fools certainly does! But between the action-filled beginning and ending, there isn't much action in Feast of Fools, it's just a long take-off run until we reach the welcome feast.

As always, I have to admire Caine's talent for making great characters, either good or bad, vampire or human, they all have their own striking personalities.
Lastly, I can't wait to read Lord of Misrule. I have a feeling that it will be filled with action!

Rating: 3.5 of 5

2 kommentarer:

Heather R. Holden said...

I love this book, and the series in general! I totally agree about Caine's character-creating ability. She's able to make them so fleshed out that I can't help but love them all, or love to hate them!

Lola said...

I love this series! This was one of my favorites in the series as well. It keeps on getting better! :)