Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Book Review: Wings

Title: Wings
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Published: 2009

Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.
My Thoughts: I've never been a fan of faerie books, so needless to say, I was very reluctant to read Wings. But I had read many good reviews of it, so when I spotted its colorful cover in a

the library shelf I decided to give it a try. And I am so very glad I did!

Aprilynne Pike has created a new kind of faeries; gone is the scheming faeries who is allergic to steal and lures children and other humans to destruction. No, Pike's faries are beautiful and very different from the stereotype.

What would a paranormal young adult book be without a love triangle? Wings definitely has a good one going on between David - Laurel's human best friend, and Tamani - the beautiful fearie who apparantly knew her when she was young. Laurel can't make up her mind about who she loves the most, but I think I have a favorite! ;)

Wings turned out to be a great read! There are mystery, science, some love - what more can you ask for? I definitely don't regret picking this book up at the library. In fact I'll go back there tomorrow to see if I can find the sequel Spells!

Rating: 4.5 of 5

3 kommentarer:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Oooh, it's nice to see a good review of this one! I've seen some iffy ones. Glad to see you enjoyed it, Sara! :)

YA Book Queen said...

Sweet review! I've been a bit curious about this one, so I'll definitely have to give it a shot next time I'm at the library :)

Lola said...

Oooooh! Great review! This book definitely sounds interesting! :)