Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Book Review: Chosen

Title: Chosen
Series: House of Night (Book 3)
Author: P. C. Cast & Kristin Cast
Published: 2008

Dark forces are at work at the House of Night and fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird’s adventures at the school take a mysterious turn. Those who appear to be friends are turning out to be enemies. And oddly enough, sworn enemies are also turning into friends. So begins the gripping third installment of this “highly addictive series” (Romantic Times), in which Zoey’s mettle will be tested like never before. . .

My Review:
Surprisingly, this book was pretty good! If you follow my blog, you might recall that I wasn't a fan of the first book in the House of Night series, but that I thought the second book, Betrayed, was a big improvement. Well, Chosen, follows along those lines.
One thing I liked about this book was that it contained less Cherokee rituals and magic. I think that part is confusing, and doesn't add much to the storyline.

Zoey was a more likeable person in this book. She didn't make smart decisions all the time and she wasn't perfect, but she was human (well, fledging actually). She had good self-awareness, and she knew when she was acting wrong.

There were a few things about this book that bugged me though. I still thought that many characters, especially Zoey's friends, had too exaggerated personalities. They were too extreme and unique.

I also didn't understand the whole "OMG, Zoey cussed!" storyline. Doesn't Zoey cuss all the time? Just avoiding the worst cuss words isn't not cussing!

Well, well. If you liked the way the first two House of Night books were written, and their teenage "voice" - then you will like this third book too!

Rating: 3,5 of 5

Previous books in this series:
Marked
Betrayed

1 kommentarer:

brizmus said...

I wasn't really a fan of the first one, either, and I thought the second was only slightly better. It sounds like they might really be getting into their groove, because this one sounds quite good.
And I'm with you - Zoey so does cuss all the time.