Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox
*Created by the Story Siren*


After several slow weeks, I finally got some new books to read!

Won from Tera Lynn Childs:

Oh.My.Gods - Tera Lynn Childs
A modern girl's comedic odyssey in a school filled with the descendants of Greek gods.

When Phoebe's mom returns from Greece with a new husband and moves them to an island in the Aegean, Phoebe's plans for her senior year and track season are ancient history. Now she must attend the uber exclusive academy, where admission depends on pedigree, namely, ancestry from Zeus, Hera, and other Greek gods. That's right, they're real, not myth, and their teen descendants are like the classical heroes -supersmart and superbeautiful with a few superpowers. And now they're on her track team! Armed only with her Nikes and the will to win, Phoebe races to find her place among the gods.

From the library:

Princess Mia (the Princess Diaries 9) - Meg Cabot

A princess on her own . . .

Mia has been invited to speak at a gala for Domina Rei, an elite society of powerful businesswomen. But what could she possibly have to say? Now that Michael has broken things off, Mia can barely get out of bed, and her parents are making her see a therapist. School, where Lilly still refuses to speak to her and Lana suddenly wants to be bff, is a total nightmare. Even J.P.'s efforts to cheer Mia up (he's being really sweet!) aren't helping. What's a royal to do?

Just when things couldn't get worse, Mia uncovers an old family secret, a long-forgotten diary of a teenage princess of Genovia. It could be just the thing to help Mia write her speech - but it might also change the fate of the Renaldos forever.


What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know - Sonya Sones

My name is Robin.

This book is about me.

It tells the story of what happens when after almost 15 pathetic years of loserdom, the girl of my dreams finally falls for me.

That seems like it would be a good thing, right? Only it turns out to be a lot more complicated than that.

Because I'm not gonna lie to you -- there are naked women involved. Four of them, to be exact. Though not in the way you might think.

Don't get me wrong -- my girlfriend's amazing. But the way things have been going lately, I'm starting to believe that the only thing worse than not getting what you want, is getting it.

What did you get this week?

8 kommentarer:

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ said...

Great looking reads! I bet they will be fun to read!

Aloha=)
http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/05/in-my-mailbox-17.html

Nina said...

I have read Oh.My.Gods and it's pretty funny! I adored it.

Seriousley last night I watched the Princess diaries, the first one! I havent read those books, but I may even give it a try. I believe the library has them. Hope they are good! :)

Well, enjoy the books you got this week.

Steph said...

Oh My Gods looks like a fun read. Enjoy!

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

Oh.My.Gods. is such a fun book. I hope you love it!

YA Book Queen said...

I adore the Princess Diaries...I really grew up on that series. Heck, it was the series that got me reading in the first place!

Hope you enjoy all your books! :D

Bere said...

All of these sound great! Oh.My.Gods sounds like so much fun, I will have to look out for this one. I hope you enjoy reading them all! =)

Lola said...

I have been wanting to read Oh.My.Gods. Looking forward to your review! :)

Naomi (AngelGoneMad) said...

These books sounds interesting! I would like to read that Oh.My.Gods novel, I like stoies to do with Greek Gods!!