Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cover Combat: Pants On Fire

In Cover Combat I compare Swedish covers to the US and/or UK covers of the same books. Today, I'm comparing the covers of Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot.

US Cover:
(Title: Pants on Fire)

UK cover:
(Title: Tommy Sullivan is a Freak)



Swedish cover:
(Title: Katie Ellison doesn't lie)


So which cover is your favorite?
Mine is probably the US cover, but since that's the edition I own I might be biased...
The UK cover looks a bit childish IMO, since the book is intended for older teens. The Swedish cover? Well her facial expression looks a bit stupid. And Katie isn't stupid, she's just impulsive.
Oh, and since we're having a cover combat, we might as well have a title combat!

Which title do you like the most, and which cover do you prefer?

4 kommentarer:

Darlyn said...

i like US cover ;p

Bere said...

I agree with what you said. I prefer the US cover. I also like the US title better! I haven't read this one, so I might I just look into it. =)

YA Book Queen said...

US cover. Although I do like the UK title, because it fits with the story, but so does Pants on Fire...ah, I can't decide now. ;)

Heather R. Holden said...

The US cover is definitely the better one to me. It's more eye-catching, and I like how the cover pic somewhat connects to the title!

As for which title is better, I like both PANTS ON FIRE and TOMMY SULLIVAN IS A FREAK. The one for the Swedish edition, though, just seems way too blah.