Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

In My Mailbox (week 22)

From the library:

LA Candy by Lauren Conrad

Los Angeles is all about the sweet life: hot clubs, cute guys, designer . . . everything. Nineteen-year-old Jane Roberts can't wait to start living it up. She may be in L.A. for an internship, but Jane plans to play as hard as she works, and has enlisted her BFF Scarlett to join in the fun.

When Jane and Scarlett are approached by a producer who wants them to be on his new series, a "reality version of Sex and the City," they can hardly believe their luck. Their own show? Yes, please!

Soon Jane is TV's hottest star. Fame brings more than she ever imagined possible for a girl from Santa Barbara—free designer clothes, the choicest tables at the most exclusive clubs, invites to Hollywood premieres—and she's lapping up the VIP treatment with her eclectic entourage of new pals. But those same friends who are always up for a wild night are also out for a piece of Jane's spotlight.

In a city filled with people chasing after their dreams, it's not long before Jane wakes up to the reality that everyone wants something from her, and nothing is what it seems to be.

L.A. Candy is a deliciously entertaining novel about what it's like to come of age in Hollywood while starring in a reality TV show, written by a girl who has experienced it all firsthand: Lauren Conrad.

Has anyone read it? Is it good?

3 kommentarer:

Milka said...

I bought this book last friday! I went to the bookstore many times before and held this book in my hand but never bought it. On Friday I decided to buy it since it was the last day of my school and I decided that with this book I could reward myself after a successful school yet. I am really looking forward to read it at some point. :D

Darlyn said...

I dont read this yet but plan to, soon!

YA Book Queen said...

Haven't read this one...not too sure how good it is (considering she needed help writing it). I'm looking forward to your review, though :)

Hope you enjoy it!