Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Mini Reviews XIII

Endless Summer - Jennifer Echols

I will start this review by saying that I adore Adam Vader! I loved his character while reading The Boys Next Door, and after this book I love him even more! He is so sweet, impulsive, adventerous - a daredevil! The fact that he has ADD and therefor have a hard time concentrating and sit still, and mostly speaks before he thinks, makes him even more adorable and charming! After Lori has been grounded Adam tries so much to improve himself and to prove himself worthy of being Lori's boyfriend. He wants to be responsible and mature but it's soo hard for him.
This book is told from both Adam and Lori's point of view, and it was real fun to see Lori through Adam's eyes. She seemed like a tomboy in The Boys Next Door, but in this book we see a more flirty and girly side of her.

While Endless Summer isn't as amazing as TBND it is a great sequel well-worth reading. This series is so funny, romantic, sporty, flirty and summery – I love it!
Rating: 4.5 of 5


Nailed - Jennifer Laurens

Nailed has been on my wish list since I read an excerpt from it ages ago. It sounded fun, romantic and full of sizzling hot guys. And it sure was.

I never thought I would say this about a book, but Nailed was almost too full of flirting, teasing and sexual tension. I loved the bantering and flirting in the beginning – I mean who wouldn't love to read about hot, muscular shirtless guys? But when the flirting continued until the very last pages of the book, it got not exactly tired, but mundane.

I am estimating that almost everyone who reads this book will figure out which guy Mandy is going to choose way before she knows it herself, we have read enough romantic books to know that. So to keep readers interested in the story, Laurens has to add something extra to the plot line; a conflict, a twist – anything. The story lacked that something who makes it stand out, I think it needed more substance or an additional story line outside of the construction site. But as it was, the feeling I get in my stomach when I not just like but love a book, was missing. Therefor Nailed will get a Rating of 3.5 of 5

2 kommentarer:

Nina said...

Great reviews. :) I really want to read Endless Summer, but I haven't read the first book. Need to get a copy of that one first. Love that cover!!

brizmus said...

so, you've convinced me to read endless summer and not to read nailed. I always love your mini reviews! :-)