Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Book Review: My Soul To Keep

Title: My Soul To Keep
Series: Soul Screamers (Book 3)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Published: 2010

Summary: Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.

Until something does.

Demon’s breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow, the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.

And when the epidemic hits too close to home, Kaylee will have to risk everything to save those she loves

My Thoughts: With the Soul Screamers books Rachel Vincent has created a fascinating tale created around banshee legends. The world she has created is vivid and believable, and I have to say that the Netherworld gives me chills!

This installment was pretty dark, and brought some new conflicts and problems into Kaylee's hard and far from perfect life. A person she trusts betrays her deeply in this book, but Kaylee stays strong and uncompromising for the things she believes in. Impressing!

As always, I have to say that I love Tod's character! I love his sarcasm and the way he treats Kaylee, so nice!

Lastly, if you haven't read this innovative series yet - pick it up right away! You won't regret it.

Rating: 4.5 of 5


3 kommentarer:

Lola said...

I've been meaning to read this series for a while now...it's sitting on my shelf as I write this! :P Great review! :)

My Life With Books - Jennifer K Jovus said...

I have been itching for this series but have yet to read it. I haven't read a review that has made me want to run out and buy it - until now. I have never read a banshee story so I am intrigued.

Candace said...

I have the first two books on my shelf and I can't wait to read this series!
I didn't read the review because I don't want spoilers but I wanted to see your rating. Looks like it's good!

Thanks for linking at Saturday Situation!