Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Book Review: My Soul To Lose


Title: My Soul To Lose
Series: Soul Screamers (prequel)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Published: 2009

It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.

Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.

She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....


My Thoughts: My Soul To Save is a prequel novella to the Soul Screamers series, and it's also available for free! You can download the novella in many formats, I chose to download it as an audio file. This was the first time I've listened to an audio book, and I really liked the format! I was amazed with how I could write a document and in the same time listen to the book with not missing one word of the book - talk about multitasking!


Now onto my thoughts about the book itself! If you are a fan of the series, My Soul To Lose definitely is an interesting addition. For the first time you read about what an unstoppable force Kayla's scream really is, and how she absolutely can't make it stop. You can't read about Kayla really screaming in any of the other books.



Lydia was an interesting character, with an interesting talent of her own, and I wouldn't be too surprised if she, or another person with the same talent as her, show up in coming Soul Screamers books.


For a person who hasn't read the Soul Screamers books yet My Soul To Lose might be a way to try the series for free. But they should know that the novella doesn't make the series justice, the books are much better!

1 kommentarer:

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. Thanks for entering my giveaway (Happy Holly Jolly Holidays Giveaway). I've been seeing this series all over the place. I want to read it now. Thanks for posting :)

Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries