Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

In My Mailbox: Christmas Special

* In My Mailbox is created by The Story Siren, with inspiration from Alea *


Books I got for Christmas:

Never Bite a Boy On the First Date by Tamara Summers
  1. I've got a few issues:
  2. I'm a vampire now.
  3. One of my classmates was found dead, with telltale fang marks.
  4. I didn't do it! (really!)
  5. Nobody believes me, so . . .
  6. I'm going to have to find the real killer. I've already got three suspects. (three very cute suspects.)
  7. One more problem: I am seriously falling for one of them . . . but what if he's the killer?

Boys That Bite by Mari Mancusi

Technically Sunshine can't get killed-because she's immortal. Well, not quite yet. Due to the worst case of mistaken identity with her dark-side-loving twin sister at a Goth club called Club Fang, Magnus, a vampire hottie, went for Sunshine's innocent neck. Now if she doesn't reverse it in time, Magnus will be her blood mate forever and she's doomed to be a blood-gulping, pasty, daylight-hating vampire. That would seriously bite.

And now, after the unfortunate slaying of the vampire leader, Sunshine, her sister Rayne, and Magnus must find the one thing that can solve her problem: the Holy Grail. They wish it were a joke but it's not. It's absolutely necessary that Sunshine gets out of this in time, because somehow she scored the hottest prom date in her school, the mouth-watering Jake Wilder. So she just can't be a vampire for the prom-let alone the rest of eternity.

Books From The Library:

Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume

After Davey's father is killed in a hold-up, she and her mother and younger brother visit relatives in New Mexico. Here Davey is befriended by a young man who helps her find the strength to carry on and conquer her fears.

I've never read a Judy Blume book, so when I found this one at the library I had to borrow it!

Rumors by Anna Godbersen

After bidding good-bye to New York's brightest star, Elizabeth Holland, rumors continue to fly about her untimely demise.

All eyes are on those closest to the dearly departed: her mischievous sister, Diana, now the family's only hope for redemption; New York's most notorious cad, Henry Schoon-maker, the flame Elizabeth never extinguished; the seductive Penelope Hayes, poised to claim all that her best friend left behind—including Henry; even Elizabeth's scheming former maid, Lina Broud, who discovers that while money matters and breeding counts, gossip is the new currency.

As old friends become rivals, Manhattan's most dazzling socialites find their futures threatened by whispers from the past. In this delicious sequel to The Luxe, nothing is more dangerous than a scandal . . . or more precious than a secret.

And I know that there are two belated Christmas books coming my way - so I'm looking forward to their arrival as well!

0 kommentarer: