Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Vampire of the Week

It's time for another VoW post! And this week's Vampire of the Week is . . .



DIMITRI BELIKOV

That's right folks, it's Dimitri from the Vampire Academy! Don't you just love him?

Dimitri is one of the main characters in the Vampire Academy series, written by Richelle Mead. The Vampire Academy series consists of four books so far; Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss and Blood Promise. The fifth book, Spirit Bound, will be released in May next year.



Why does Dimitri deserve to be Vampire (Dhampir) of the Week?

Well, here's how Rose describes him, the first time they meet:

"It was him, the guy I’d seen across the street watching me. He was older than us, maybe mid-twenties, and as tall as I’d figured, probably 6’6” or 6’7”. And under different circumstances—say, when he wasn’t holding up our desperate escape—I would have thought he was hot. Shoulder-length brown hair, tied back into a short pony-tail. Dark brown eyes. A long, brown coat like horse riders wore, not quite a trench coat. A duster, I thought it was called. (...) Sensing my resignation, the man stepped forward, turning his attention to Lissa. His face was calm. He swept her a bow and managed to look graceful doing it, which surprised me considering his height. “My name is Dimitri Belikov,” he said. I could hear a faint Russian accent. “I’ve come to take you back to St. Vladimir’s Academy, Princess.”"


Conclusion: Dimitri is H O T ! He is also a badass guardian; one of the best in the world. He's loyal, fair, honest, strong, and a true gentleman.


IF you haven't read these books yet, you HAVE to! They are great! You can read more about the books, and read excerpts by clicking here.

Since the Vampire Academy series haven't been made into a movie, we don't know what Dimitri really look like (the picture above is from a book cover).
But if Vampire Academy were made into a movie, who would you like to play Dimitri?

I googled and found some different suggestions.
Here are the most popular choices:


Ben Barnes


Taylor Kitsch


and Garrett Hedlund


Who would you like to see as Dimitri, any of the following guys or someone else? Comment!


Missed my previous Vampire of the Week posts? Click here and here!
Fan(g) Girl


Quote: "No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you."

8 kommentarer:

Mandy said...

This is my first time on your blog! I love that you're focusing on vampires, totally cool.
My favourite vampire is Spike, he's so much fun.
Have you read an older writer Jeanne Kalogridis? I used to love her vampire books, very old world.

Sara said...

Oh I love Spike too! He's funny! I adore his accent :)
Haven't read any of Jeanne Kalogridis books yet, though. But they sound good!

Anonymous said...

I think Ben Brnes would make the sexiest Vampire, and I think its time for a sexy one.

Anonymous said...

ew none of them , dimitri has to b wayyyy hotter then them. n hees not just dhampir hes also the badass strigoi(vampire if u dont no wat strigoi is) but i prefer him as a dhampir then being an EVVIL strigoi

Anonymous said...

<3 all of them... tho i think ben barnes would need to bulk up a bit

Anonymous said...

i think ben barnes is best for sure, he has that emotional depth in his features that Dimitri has, he had the same slightly darker features and beautiful eyes. if they make a movie ever and they dont cast him i think i may just cry! the others are ok but not like ben, and a agree he would have to bulk up a bit but still its the face that counts :)

TheBookAddictedGirl said...

Love Dimitri! He's soo perfect!
None of them do him any justice, though... maybe Ben Barnes or Garrett Hedlund... I don't know! He's too God-Like (I agree with Rose there!!)

Anonymous said...

hi....love your blog by the way...i was just wondering..who is the model of dimitri belikov's? if u could give me his name that would be so helpfu;