Author: Tamara Summers
Published: September 2009
- I've got a few issues:
- I'm a vampire now.
- One of my classmates was found dead, with telltale fang marks.
- I didn't do it! (really!)
- Nobody believes me, so . . .
- I'm going to have to find the real killer. I've already got three suspects. (three very cute suspects.)
- One more problem: I am seriously falling for one of them . . . but what if he's the killer?
Never Bite a Boy on The First Date is a fast and cute read. There is not much depth in the book and the characters are poorly developed. Sometimes I felt like the author, Tamara Summers, tried too much to to make the main character, Kira, sound like a teenager. Exaggerated sentences like "My family thinks I did it, which is, like, totally unfair, by the way, because I so totally did not. " were common in the book.
The book did not contribute to anything new on the vampire aspect - but it's a great book if you're in the mood for a light and funny romance.
Rating: 3 of 5