Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Book Review: Definitely Dead

Title: Definitely Dead
Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries/Sookie Stackhouse (Book 6)
Author: Charlaine Harris
Published: 2007

In the sixth Sookie Stackhouse novel, the supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress heads for New Orleans, where she is forced to contend with her own family's dark legacy and a variety of potentially lethal characters.

My Review: When I started reading this book I got so confused. The first five books in this series took place in a short period of time, with just a few weeks separating one book from another. Not this book though. Definitely Dead picked up several months after Dead As a Doornail, and during those months some major things happened. Since we usually follow all events in Sookie's life, I was sure that I had missed a book explaining those things that had happened during the "missing months". I had to check and double-check the bibliography in the beginning of my book, Charlaine Harris website and Amazon.com until I realized that I, in fact, hadn't missed a book!

Since the things we missed included (without giving too much away) a murder, a newly made vampire and the queen of Louisiana, I'm surprised that Harris didn't write a book about those events, or included them in this book. As it turned out, the beginning of this book left me utterly confused, and the plot book didn't get up and running until more than 100 pages into the book.

After two books of being single, Sookie is now in a relationship again. But it isn't with Alcide, Bill or Eric - no it's with Quinn, the weretiger. While Quinn seem nice and all, I don't care much for his and Sookie's relationship. I don't know why, probably because I don't find him attractive - I mean a bald guy? Not that hot if you ask me. Bill and Eric really took a back seat in this installment, and I missed them. Their short appearances were the most interesting and fun parts of the book.

This book wasn't as exciting or action-packed as the previous books, and therefor one of my least favorite books of this series.

Rating: 3.5 of 5

3 kommentarer:

Unknown said...

I can not stand Quinn. There's something off about him!
I've grown to dislike him even more in the next few books. I want him gone!! I miss Alcide, Eric, & even Bill!!!

Anonymous said...

Bleh - Quinn. Charlaine sure knows how to work our strings. Luckily for us, Eric will come and save the day! :)

Oh, and I'm Hilda from the Dip Files!

Sara said...

Ugh Quinn's going to be in the next few books too? Booooring!