Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

April Movie Madness

Four Christmases (2008)

A couple struggles to visit all four of their divorced parents on Christmas Day.

Actors: Vince Vaughn, Reese Witherspoon

Rating: 1 of 5

Big failure. For me this is a movie that tried way too hard to be funny, and the "comical" situations ended up awkward and emberassing instead.
I expected more of Vaughn and Witherspoon!


The Nanny Diaries (2007)

A college graduate goes to work as a nanny for a rich New York family. Ensconced in their home, she has to juggle their dysfunction, a new romance, and the spoiled brat in her charge.

Actors: Scarlett Johansson, Laura Linney

My Rating: 1.5 of 5

Nah, this movie was boring. I've actually tried reading the book this movie was based on, but couldn't finish it either.



The Switch (2010)

An unmarried 40-year-old woman turns to a turkey baster in order to become pregnant. Seven years later, she reunites with her best friend, who has been living with a secret: he replaced her preferred sperm sample with his own.

Actors: Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Juliette Lewis




My Rating: 3 of 5



Highlights: Aniston's son, I liked that we didn't meet him until he was seven years old, and had his own personality. Lowlights: The rushed ending.

I Am Number Four (2011)


John is an extraordinary teen, masking his true identity and passing as a typical high school student to elude a deadly enemy seeking to destroy him. Three like him have already been killed ... he is Number Four.


Actors: Alex Pettyfer,Timothy Olyphant, Dianna Agron


My Rating: 4.25 of 5


Action, romance and comedy. While Alex Pettyfer was very hot, my favorite character was the tough number 6, played by Teresa Palmer.


Mamma Mia! (2008)


The story of a bride-to-be trying to find her real father told using hit songs by the popular '70s group ABBA.

Actors: Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Amanda Seyfried

My Rating: 4 of 5


This star-filled musical movie is such a feelgood story! I've watched it several times, and the catchy music and dancing routines never get boring.


From Prada to Nada (2011)



A Latina spin on Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility," where two spoiled sisters from Beverly Hills who have been left penniless after their father's sudden death are forced to move in with their estranged aunt in East Los Angeles.


Actors: Camilla Belle, Alex Vega, Wilmer Walderrama, Nicholas D'Agosto


My Rating: 4.5



This is so my type of movie! It was funny, romantic and cultural. I stayed up util 2.3o am just to finish watching it.



Best Movie: From Prada To Nada


Worst Movie: Four Christmases


1 kommentarer:

Nina said...

I loved Mamma Mia & From Prada to Nada! I loved the spanish songs in that movie. ;) So fun.