Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

February Movie Madness


These are the movies I watched in February:

1. Tomorrow When The War Began (2010)

When their country is invaded and their families are taken, eight unlikely high school teenagers band together to fight

Actors: Caitlin Stasey, Lincoln Lewis, Rachel Hurd-Wood

Rating: 4 of 5


I love the Tomorrow books by James Marsden (read them, if you haven't!), and was so excited when I heard that they were going to be turned into movies. The actors Australian accent was a bit unusual to hear in the beginning, but I got over it pretty quickly. The characters were not as I had imagined them, but it worked alright. I can't wait for the next movie, I have a feeling it's going to have more action, more love and suspense!


2. Mean Girls 2 (2011)


Johanna "Jo" Mitchell is a 17-year-old tomboy, who lives with her father, who works as a race car driver for NASCAR. The first day of school, she explains that she wants to avoid high school drama. Then she is introduced to the school's most popular clique, "The Plastics"...


Actors: Meaghan Martin, Diego Boneta, Maiara Walsh


Rating: 3 of 5


Living up to the greatness of the original Mean Girl movie starring Lindsay Lohan proved to be a too hard task for this remake. I liked Meaghan Martin as Jo though, the main character, a down to earth tomboy.







An American girl on vacation in Italy finds an unanswered "letter to Juliet" -- one of thousands of missives left at the fictional lover's Verona courtyard, which are typically answered by a the "secretaries of Juliet" -- and she goes on a quest to find the lovers referenced in the letter.


Actors: Amanda Seyfried, Gael Garcia Bernal, Vanessa Redgrave


Rating: 4 0f 5


I really liked this one! It was so much more than just another romantic movie. It had depth, and a great love story which stretched over decades. I teared up more than once! Vanessa Redgrave was amazing.








When Sid's attempt to adopt three dinosaur eggs gets him abducted by their real mother to an underground lost world, his friends attempt to rescue him.



Voices: Queen Latifah, Ray Romano, John Leguizamo



Rating: 2.5 of 5

Ehm no. I'm not one of those people who love animated movies, so I didn't love this one even if it had its funny moments!





6. The Back-Up Plan (2010)


A romantic comedy centered on a woman who conceives twins through artificial insemination, only to meet the man of her dreams on the very same day.


Actors: Jennifer Lopez, Alex O´Loughlin


Rating: 3 of 5


This movie doesn't offer anything unique, and the story has certainly been told before. I like O´Loughlin though.





An FBI agent must go undercover in the Miss United States beauty pageant to prevent a group from bombing the event.


Actors: Sandra Bullock, Michael Caine


Rating: 3 of 5


Quite funny - and Bullock's transformation to dorky tomboy to beauty queen is amazing!







While on vacation in Mexico, Chloe, a ritzy Beverly Hills chihuahua, finds herself lost and in need of assistance in order to get back home.


Voices: Drew Barrymore, George Lopez, Jamie Lee Curtis


Rating: 3 of 5


Haha how can people actually make a movie like this one? Who came up with the idea of a spoiled chihuahua as the main character? :p


Admittely, the movie is pretty cute, and quite funny!



Watched Movies: 7 (6 for the first time)
Best Movie: Letters To Juliet


Worst Movie: Ice Age 3

3 kommentarer:

Bere said...

Hey Sara! I've actually never heard of Tomorrow When The War Began but it looks interesting. I will definitely do some research on the books. I have not watched Letters to Juliet yet but I'm hoping I get to do so soon! =)

Nina said...

OMG, Mean Girls 1 was fun, but Mean Girls 2, I don't know about that one. I watched Letters to Julliet at the cinema and thought it was boring. Not my kind of movie. ;) I want to watch the Back up plan. Okay I admit only for Alex O´Loughlin. He's so cute!!

Jenny N. said...

I probably shouldn't say this but I love Muss Congenality. I used to watch it all the time. The second one was a total letdown.