Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Jerks in Literature

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

Today's topic:

Top Ten Jerks In Literature


(all those jerky guys in books...those who truly WERE asshats and those who just acted like one but could be quite loveable)


1. Jace Wayland - The Mortal Instruments
Love him to death, but the guy can be (and usually is) a jerk.


2. Draco Malfoy - Harry Potter
He might not be the nicest of persons to Harry and his friends, but I still love him.



3. Severus Snape - Harry Potter


The man has been holding a grudge for 20 years. Forget Lily and move on!


4. Reth - Paranormalcy


Psychotic stalker who also happens to be a sneaky and untrustworthy faerie. Not the best combination!


5. Ren - Nightshade
Being an alpha male, Ren is used to getting what he wants and not thinking about anyone but himself...



6. Nathaniel - Clockwork Angel
Tessa's older brother turned out to be such a douchebag! Lying, drinking, gambling and betraying...


7. Josh - The Princess Diaries
Mia's longtime crush turned out to be a selfish boy just looking for fame.


8. Patch - Hush Hush
The guy with the secret agenda! Adorable on time, an evil jerk the next - don't ever trust him, he might want to kill you!


9. Damon Salvatore - The Vampire Diaries
Another person you definitely shouldn't trust with your life! This vampire sees nothing wrong in hurting and killing humans.



10. Eric - House of Night
Remember what Eric was doing when we first were introduced to him? Just saying...



This is the first time in my Top Ten Tuesday history that I actually managed to do a top ten!Very proud of myself :)

And how strange is it that most of these jerks also are my favorite characters in their respective books? Don't know what that says about my taste in boys...

I still feel like I have forgotten about some great jerks tough - so please leave a comment and tell me about all those jerks you love to hate, or hate to love!

5 kommentarer:

Katie said...

Eeep! You listed some of my favorite characters. lol I LOVE Ren and Damon! ...I also sorta love Draco, especially after watching "Harry Potter Musical" where he/she is freakin' hilarious!

Good list :)

La Coccinelle said...

Nice list! We share a few jerks... :)

Jenny N. said...

Some of my favorite guys here but love them anyways.

TheBookAddictedGirl said...

Hmm... yeah that thing about Eric was a bit of a hint, wasn't it? Oh, love Jace and Damon! Although they are total jerks...
Awesome Top Ten!

Bere said...

Hehe, fabulous post, Sara! Loved it =D.